Dr. Robison graduated from The Pennsylvania State University in 1974 with a BS with honors in Science. He received his Doctor of Dental Medicine from the University Of Pittsburgh School Of Dental Medicine in 1978. He has been a member of the American Dental Association (ADA) and Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) since 1978.
He has received his Fellowship from the AGD in 1989, and in 1998 became Master of the Academy of General Dentistry. In 2009 at the AGD Annual Meeting in Baltimore he was awarded the Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition award or LLSR.
Dr. Robison continues the practice founded by his grandfather, Fred A. Robison DDS, in 1904. Fred's son, D. Ronald L. Robison DDS joined the practice in 1927. He joined his father in 1978 and they practiced together for two years before Ronnie retired in 1980.
In addition to participating in the Pennsylvania Academy of General Dentistry’s (PAGD) PEAK Program Study Club, Dr. Robison has completed Continuum’s 1-5 of the Pankey Institute and Periodontal Prosthesis 1-3 of the Institute for Advanced Dental Studies. He is currently Secretary for the PAGD.
Dr. Robison has been married for 39 years to his wife Peggy. They have four children and four grandchildren.
Achieving Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry is one of the few added distinctions a general dentist can achieve. The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) is the only professional association exclusively serving the interests and needs of the general dentist. To earn Mastership in the AGD, dentists must take more than 1,100 hours of educational courses in various disciplines. The award is then presented to general dentists in a formal ceremony. John F. Robison,DMD is one of the less than 1 percent of general dentists who have achieved this honor. To learn more about this award or the AGD, visit www.agd.org.
Academic and Professional
- Member American Dental Association 1978 to present
- Member Academy of General Dentistry 1978 to present
- Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition AGD 2009
- Master Academy of General Dentistry 1998
- Fellow Academy of General Dentistry 1989
- University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine DMD 1978
- The Pennsylvania State University BS Science 1974
- LD Pankey Alumni Association
Grandfather, Fred A. Robison DDS established practice in 1904
Father D. Ronald L. Robison DDS joined in 1927
John F. Robison joined in 1978
Technology and Specialized Services
- CEREC computer designed and manufactured (same day) ceramic tooth colored crowns
- Digital radiographs
- VELscope Oral Cancer Screening
- Previser Periodontal and Oral Cancer Risk Assessment